Adjective final has 3 senses
- concluding, final, last, terminal - occurring at or forming an end or termination; "his concluding words came as a surprise"; "the final chapter"; "the last days of the dinosaurs"; "terminal leave"
Antonym: opening (indirect, via closing)
- final, last, net - conclusive in a process or progression; "the final answer"; "a last resort"; "the net result"
Antonym: proximate (indirect, via ultimate)
- final, last - not to be altered or undone; "the judge's decision is final"; "the arbiter will have the last say"
Antonym: alterable (indirect, via unalterable)
,Noun final has 2 senses
- final - the final match between the winners of all previous matches in an elimination tournament
--1 is a kind of match
--1 is a part of elimination tournament
--1 has particulars: cup final
- final examination, final exam, final - an examination administered at the end of an academic term
--2 is a kind of examination, exam, test