- footing, terms - status with respect to the relations between people or groups; "on good terms with her in-laws"; "on a friendly footing"
--1 is a kind of status, position
- footing, basis, ground - a relation that provides the foundation for something; "they were on a friendly footing"; "he worked on an interim basis"
--2 is a kind of foundation
--2 has particulars: common ground
- foothold, footing - a place providing support for the foot in standing or climbing
--3 is a kind of support
--3 has particulars: toehold
- foot, pick - pay for something; "pick up the tab"; "pick up the burden of high-interest mortgages"; "foot the bill"
--1 is one way to pay
- foot, leg it, hoof, hoof it - walk; "let's hoof it to the disco"
--2 is one way to walk
Derived forms: noun foot4, noun foot2, noun footer2
Somebody ----s PP
- foot, foot up - add a column of numbers
--3 is one way to add, add together
Somebody ----s something