Adjective incendiary has 3 senses
- incendiary - involving deliberate burning of property; "an incendiary fire"
- incendiary, incitive, inflammatory, instigative, rabble-rousing, seditious - arousing to action or rebellion
Antonyms: unprovocative, unprovoking (indirect, via provocative)
- incendiary - capable of catching fire spontaneously or causing fires or burning readily; "an incendiary agent"; "incendiary bombs"
Antonyms: noncombustible, incombustible (indirect, via combustible)
,Noun incendiary has 2 senses
- arsonist, incendiary, firebug - a criminal who illegally sets fire to property
--1 is a kind of criminal, felon, crook, outlaw, malefactor
--1 has particulars: barnburner
- incendiary bomb, incendiary, firebomb - a bomb that is designed to start fires; are most effective against flammable targets (such as fuel)
--2 is a kind of bomb