Adjective national has 7 senses
- national - of or relating to or belonging to a nation or country; "national hero"; "national anthem"; "a national landmark"
- national - limited to or in the interests of a particular nation; "national interests"; "isolationism is a strictly national policy"
Antonyms: international, global, planetary, world, worldwide, internationalist, internationalistic, supranational, multinational, transnational
- national - concerned with or applicable to or belonging to an entire nation or country; "the national government"; "national elections"; "of national concern"; "the national highway system"; "national forests"
- national - owned or maintained for the public by the national government; "national parks"
Antonym: private (indirect, via public)
- home, interior, internal, national - inside the country; "the British Home Office has broader responsibilities than the United States Department of the Interior"; "the nation's internal politics"
Antonym: foreign (indirect, via domestic)
- national - characteristic of or peculiar to the people of a nation; "a national trait"
- national - of or relating to nationality; "national origin"
,Noun national has 1 sense
- national, subject - a person who owes allegiance to that nation; "a monarch has a duty to his subjects"
--1 is a kind of person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
--1 is a member of nation, land, country, a people
--1 has particulars: citizen; compatriot; patriot, nationalist