- occupation, business, job, line of work, line - the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money; "he's not in my line of business"
--1 is a kind of activity
--1 has particulars:
sport; farming, land; game, biz; career, calling, vocation; employment, work; appointment; position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation; treadmill, salt mine; trade, craft; profession; metier, medium; accountancy, accounting; photography; catering Derived form: verb occupy8
- occupation, military control - the control of a country by military forces of a foreign power
--2 is a kind of social control
Derived form: verb occupy7
- occupation - any activity that occupies a person's attention; "he missed the bell in his occupation with the computer game"
--3 is a kind of activity
Derived forms: verb occupy5, verb occupy2, verb occupy8
- occupation, occupancy, taking possession, moving in - the act of occupying or taking possession of a building; "occupation of a building without a certificate of occupancy is illegal"
--4 is a kind of acquiring, getting
--4 has particulars: preoccupancy, preoccupation
Derived forms: verb occupy1, verb occupy3
- occupation - the period of time during which a place or position or nation is occupied; "during the German occupation of Paris"
--5 is a kind of time period, period of time, period
Derived forms: verb occupy1, verb occupy4, verb occupy6