Adjective retrograde has 4 senses
- retrograde - moving from east to west on the celestial sphere; or--for planets--around the sun in a direction opposite to that of the Earth
- retrograde - of amnesia; affecting time immediately preceding trauma
- retrograde, retrogressive - going from better to worse
Antonym: progressive (indirect, via regressive)
- retral, retrograde - moving or directed or tending in a backward direction or contrary to a previous direction
Antonym: forward (indirect, via backward)
,Verb retrograde has 5 senses
- retrograde - move backward in an orbit, of celestial bodies
--1 is one way to orbit, revolve
- retrograde - move in a direction contrary to the usual one; "retrograding planets"
--2 is one way to travel, go, move, locomote
- retrograde, retreat - move back; "The glacier retrogrades"
--3 is one way to recede, fall back, retire
- retrograde, rehash, hash over - go back over; "retrograde arguments"
--4 is one way to recapitulate, recap
Somebody ----s something
- regress, retrograde, retrogress - get worse; fall back to a previous or worse condition
--5 is one way to worsen, decline
Somebody ----s PP