Noun rhythm has 5 senses
- rhythm, beat, musical rhythm - the basic rhythmic unit in a piece of music; "the piece has a fast rhythm"; "the conductor set the beat"
--1 is a kind of musical time
--1 has particulars: backbeat; downbeat; upbeat; syncopation
- rhythm, regular recurrence - recurring at regular intervals
--2 is a kind of cyclicity, periodicity
--2 has particulars: cardiac rhythm, heart rhythm
- cycle, rhythm, round - an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs; "the neverending cycle of the seasons"
--3 is a kind of time interval, interval
--3 has parts: phase, phase angle
- rhythm, speech rhythm - the arrangement of spoken words alternating stressed and unstressed elements; "the rhythm of Frost's poetry"
--4 is a kind of prosody, inflection; template, templet, guide
- rhythm method of birth control, rhythm method, rhythm, calendar method of birth control, calendar method - natural family planning in which ovulation is assumed to occur 14 days before the onset of a period (the fertile period would be assumed to extend from day 10 through day 18 of her cycle)
--5 is a kind of natural family planning