Adjective same has 4 senses
- same - same in identity; "the same man I saw yesterday"; "never wore the same dress twice"; "this road is the same one we were on yesterday"; "on the same side of the street"
Antonyms: other, another, some other, different, else, new, other than, otherwise, remaining, opposite
- same - closely similar or comparable in kind or quality or quantity or degree; "curtains the same color as the walls"; "two girls of the same age"; "mother and son have the same blue eyes"; "animals of the same species"; "the same rules as before"; "two boxes having the same dimensions"; "the same day next year"
Antonyms: different, antithetic, antithetical, assorted, contrary, contrasting, contrastive, diametric, diametrical, polar, divergent, disparate, distinct, distinguishable, various, divers, diverse, several, variant, opposite
- like, equal, equivalent, same - equal in amount or value; "like amounts"; "equivalent amounts"; "the same amount"; "gave one six blows and the other a like number"; "an equal number"; "the same number"
- same - unchanged in character or nature; "the village stayed the same"; "his attitude is the same as ever"
Antonym: changed (indirect, via unchanged)
,Adverbial same has 1 sense
- same - in the same manner; "you get treated fairly, same as any other student in this course!"