Adjective social has 6 senses
- social, societal - relating to human society and its members; "social institutions"; "societal evolution"; "societal forces"; "social legislation"
- social - living together or enjoying life in communities or organized groups; "human beings are social animals"; "spent a relaxed social evening"; "immature social behavior"
Antonyms: unsocial, alone, antisocial, asocial, eremitic, eremitical, lone, lonely, solitary, recluse, reclusive, withdrawn
- social - relating to or belonging to or characteristic of high society; "made fun of her being so social and high-toned"; "a social gossip colum"; "the society page"
- social - composed of sociable people or formed for the purpose of sociability; "a purely social club"; "the church has a large social hall"; "a social director"
Antonym: unsociable (indirect, via sociable)
- herding, swarming, social - (of birds and animals) tending to move or live together in groups or colonies of the same kind; "ants are social insects"; "the herding instinct in sheep or cattle"; "swarming behavior in bees"
Antonym: ungregarious (indirect, via gregarious)
- social - marked by friendly companionship with others; "a social cup of coffee"
Antonym: unfriendly (indirect, via friendly)
,Noun social has 1 sense
- sociable, social, mixer - a party of people assembled to promote sociability and communal activity
--1 is a kind of party