- strength - the property of being physically or mentally strong; "fatigue sapped his strength"
--1 is a kind of property
--1 has particulars:
- military capability, military strength, strength, military posture, posture - capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war; "we faced an army of great strength"; "politicians have neglected our military posture"
--2 is a kind of capability, capableness
--2 has particulars: sea power; firepower
- force, forcefulness, strength - physical energy or intensity; "he hit with all the force he could muster"; "it was destroyed by the strength of the gale"; "a government has not the vitality and forcefulness of a living man"
--3 is a kind of intensity, intensiveness
--3 has particulars:
brunt; momentum, impulse; energy, vigor, vigour
- forte, strong suit, long suit, metier, specialty, speciality, strong point, strength - an asset of special worth or utility; "cooking is his forte"
--4 is a kind of asset, plus
--4 has particulars: green thumb, green fingers
- persuasiveness, strength - the power to induce the taking of a course of action or the embracing of a point of view by means of argument or entreaty; "the strength of his argument settled the matter"
--5 is a kind of power, powerfulness
--5 has particulars: convincingness
- intensity, strength, intensity level - the amount of energy transmitted (as by acoustic or electromagnetic radiation); "he adjusted the intensity of the sound"; "they measured the station's signal strength"
--6 is a kind of magnitude
--6 has particulars:
radio brightness; threshold level; field strength, field intensity; candlepower, light intensity; acoustic power, sound pressure level; half-intensity
- potency, effectiveness, strength - capacity to produce strong physiological or chemical effects; "the toxin's potency"; "the strength of the drinks"
--7 is a kind of power, powerfulness
- strength - the condition of financial success; "the strength of the company's stock in recent weeks"
--8 is a kind of prosperity, successfulness
- lastingness, durability, enduringness, strength - permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force; "they advertised the durability of their products"
--9 is a kind of permanence, permanency
--9 has particulars:
tensile strength; indestructibility; continuity, persistence; changelessness; everlastingness