Adjective third has 2 senses
- third, 3rd, tertiary - coming next after the second and just before the fourth in position
Antonym: cardinal (indirect, via ordinal)
- third - being one of three equal parts; "a third share of the money"
Antonym: whole (indirect, via fractional)
,Adverbial third has 1 sense
- third, thirdly - in the third place; "third we must consider unemployment"
,Noun third has 6 senses
- one-third, third, tierce - one of three equal parts of a divisible whole; "it contains approximately a third of the minimum daily requirement"
--1 is a kind of common fraction, simple fraction
- third base, third - the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near 3rd base; "he is playing third"
--2 is a kind of position
--2 is a member of baseball team
- third - following the second position in an ordering or series; "a distant third"; "he answered the first question willingly, the second reluctantly, and the third with resentment"
--3 is a kind of rank
- third - the musical interval between one note and another three notes away from it; "a simple harmony written in major thirds"
--4 is a kind of interval, musical interval
- third gear, third - the third from the lowest forward ratio gear in the gear box of a motor vehicle; "you shouldn't try to start in third gear"
--5 is a kind of gear, gear mechanism
--5 is a part of car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar
- third base, third - the base that must be touched third by a base runner in baseball; "he was cut down on a close play at third"
--6 is a kind of base, bag