Noun affinity has 7 senses
- affinity, chemical attraction - the force attracting atoms to each other and binding them together in a molecule; "basic dyes have an affinity for wool and silk"
--1 is a kind of force
- affinity - (immunology) the attraction between an antigen and an antibody
--2 is a kind of attraction, attractive force
- affinity, kinship by marriage - kinship by marriage or adoption; not a blood relationship
--3 is a kind of kinship, family relationship, relationship
Antonyms: consanguinity, blood kinship, cognation
--3 has particulars: steprelationship
- affinity, phylogenetic relation - (biology) state of relationship between organisms or groups of organisms resulting in resemblance in structure or structural parts; "in anatomical structure prehistoric man shows close affinity with modern humans"
--4 is a kind of kinship, family relationship, relationship
- affinity, kinship - a close connection marked by community of interests or similarity in nature or character; "found a natural affinity with the immigrants"; "felt a deep kinship with the other students"; "anthropology's kinship with the humanities"
--5 is a kind of relation
--5 has particulars: rapport, resonance; sympathy
- affinity - inherent resemblance between persons or things
--6 is a kind of resemblance
- affinity - a natural attraction or feeling of kinship; "an affinity for politics"; "the mysterious affinity between them"; "James's affinity with Sam"
--7 is a kind of attraction, attractiveness