- relation - an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together
--1 is a kind of abstraction
--1 has particulars:
Derived forms: verb relate4, verb relate1
- sexual intercourse, intercourse, sex act, copulation, coitus, coition, sexual congress, congress, sexual relation, relation, carnal knowledge - the act of sexual procreation between a man and a woman; the man's penis is inserted into the woman's vagina and excited until orgasm and ejaculation occur
--2 is a kind of sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity
--2 has parts: insemination
--2 has particulars:
defloration; fuck, fucking, screw, screwing, ass, nooky, nookie, piece of ass, piece of tail, roll in the hay, shag, shtup; hank panky; penetration; unlawful carnal knowledge, criminal congress
- relative, relation - a person related by blood or marriage; "police are searching for relatives of the deceased"; "he has distant relations back in New Jersey"
--3 is a kind of person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
--3 is a member of
--3 has particulars:
kin, kin group, kinship group, kindred, clan, tribe
- relation, telling, recounting - an act of narration; "he was the hero according to his own relation"; "his endless recounting of the incident eventually became unbearable"
--4 is a kind of narration, recital, yarn
Derived form: verb relate3
- relation back, relation - (law) the principle that an act done at a later time is deemed by law to have occurred at an earlier time; "his attorney argued for the relation back of the ammended complaint to the time the initial complaint was filed"
--5 is a kind of legal principle, judicial principle, judicial doctrine
- relation - (usually plural) mutual dealings or connections among persons or groups; "international relations"
--6 is a kind of dealings, traffic
Derived forms: verb relate4, verb relate5