- care, attention, aid, tending - the work of caring for or attending to someone or something; "no medical care was required"; "the old car needed constant attention"
--1 is a kind of work
--1 has particulars:
Derived form: verb care2
- caution, precaution, care, forethought - judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger; "he exercised caution in opening the door"; "he handled the vase with care"
--2 is a kind of judiciousness
- concern, care, fear - an anxious feeling; "care had aged him"; "they hushed it up out of fear of public reaction"
--3 is a kind of anxiety
Derived form: verb care5
- care - a cause for feeling concern; "his major care was the illness of his wife"
--4 is a kind of predicament, quandary, plight
Derived forms: verb care1, verb care5
- care, charge, tutelage, guardianship - attention and management implying responsibility for safety; "he is in the care of a bodyguard"
--5 is a kind of protection
--5 has particulars:
due care, ordinary care, reasonable care; foster care; great care; providence; slight care Derived form: verb care4
- care, maintenance, upkeep - activity involved in maintaining something in good working order; "he wrote the manual on car care"
--6 is a kind of repair, fix, fixing, fixture, mend, mending, reparation
--6 has particulars:
camera care; car care; overhaul, inspection and repair, service; pump priming; scheduled maintenance; steam fitting
- care - feel concern or interest; "I really care about my work"; "I don't care"
--1 is one way to feel for, pity, compassionate, condole with, sympathize with
Derived forms: noun care4, noun caring1
Sam and Sue care
- care, give care - provide care for; "The nurse was caring for the wounded"
--2 is one way to help, assist, aid
Derived form: noun care1
Somebody ----s PP
- wish, care, like - prefer or wish to do something; "Do you care to try this dish?"; "Would you like to come along to the movies?"
--3 is one way to desire, want
They care to move
- manage, deal, care, handle - be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
--4 is one way to control, command
Derived form: noun care5
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s something
=> Somebody ----s PP
- worry, care - be concerned with; "I worry about my grades"
--5 is one way to mind
Derived forms: noun care3, noun care4
Somebody ----s PP