- church, Christian church - one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
--1 is a kind of religion, faith
--1 is a part of Christendom, Christianity
--1 has members: Christian
--1 has particulars:
Armenian Church, Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Church; Catholic Church; Nestorian Church; Coptic Church; Protestant Church, Protestant; Unification Church
- church, church building - a place for public (especially Christian) worship; "the church was empty"
--2 is a kind of place of worship, house of prayer, house of God, house of worship
--2 has parts:
--2 has particulars: abbey; basilica; cathedral; cathedral; kirk
amen corner; apse, apsis; chancel, sanctuary, bema; church tower; lady chapel; narthex; nave; presbytery; rood screen; side chapel; transept; vestry, sacristy Derived form: verb church1
- church service, church - a service conducted in a church; "don't be late for church"
--3 is a kind of service, religious service, divine service
Derived form: verb church1
- church - the body of people who attend or belong to a particular local church; "our church is hosting a picnic next week"
--4 is a kind of body
--4 is a part of Christendom, Christianity
- church - perform a special church rite or service for; "church a woman after childbirth"
--1 is one way to perform
Derived forms: noun church2, noun church3
Somebody ----s somebody