Adjective collateral has 4 senses
- collateral, indirect - descended from a common ancestor but through different lines; "cousins are collateral relatives"; "an indirect descendant of the Stuarts"
Antonyms: lineal, direct, matrilineal, matrilinear, patrilineal, patrilinear, unilateral, unilateralist
- collateral, confirmative, confirming, confirmatory, corroborative, corroboratory, substantiating, substantiative, validating, validatory, verificatory, verifying - serving to support or corroborate; "collateral evidence"
Antonym: unsupportive (indirect, via supportive)
- collateral - accompaniment to something else; "collateral target damage from a bombing run"
Antonym: primary (indirect, via secondary)
- collateral - situated or running side by side; "collateral ridges of mountains"
Antonym: perpendicular (indirect, via oblique, parallel)
Antonym: oblique (indirect, via parallel, perpendicular)
,Noun collateral has 1 sense
- collateral - a security pledged for the repayment of a loan
--1 is a kind of security interest
--1 has particulars: guarantee, guaranty