Adverbial con has 1 sense
- con, in opposition - on the negative side; "much was written pro and con"
,Noun con has 3 senses
- con - an argument opposed to a proposal
--1 is a kind of argument, statement
- convict, con, inmate, jailbird, gaolbird - a person serving a sentence in a jail or prison
--2 is a kind of prisoner, captive
--2 has particulars: lifer
- bunco, bunco game, bunko, bunko game, con, confidence trick, confidence game, con game, gyp, hustle, sting, flimflam - a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property
--3 is a kind of swindle, cheat, rig
--3 has particulars: sting operation
,Verb con has 2 senses
- victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, scam, mulct, gyp, con - deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
--1 is one way to cheat, rip off, chisel
They con him of all his money
- memorize, memorise, con, learn - commit to memory; learn by heart; "Have you memorized your lines for the play yet?"
--2 is one way to study, hit the books
Somebody ----s something