- opinion, legal opinion, judgment, judgement - the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision; "opinions are usually written by a single judge"
--1 is a kind of legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
--1 has particulars:
concurring opinion; dissenting opinion; majority opinion; fatwah; obiter dictum, dictum
- judgment, judgement, mind - an opinion formed by judging something; "he was reluctant to make his judgment known"; "she changed her mind"
--2 is a kind of opinion, sentiment, persuasion, view, thought
--2 has particulars: decision, determination, conclusion
- judgment, judgement, judging - the cognitive process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions
--3 is a kind of decision making, deciding
--3 has particulars: prejudgment, prejudgement
- sagacity, sagaciousness, judgment, judgement, discernment - ability to make good judgments
--4 is a kind of wisdom, sapience
--4 has particulars:
eye; common sense, good sense, gumption, horse sense, sense, mother wit; judiciousness; discretion, discreetness, circumspection, prudence; injudiciousness, indiscreetness
- judgment, judgement, sound judgment, sound judgement, perspicacity - the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions
--5 is a kind of trait
--5 has particulars: objectivity, objectiveness; subjectivity, subjectiveness
- judgment, judgement, judicial decision - (law) the determination by a court of competent jurisdiction on matters submitted to it
--6 is a kind of due process, due process of law
--6 has particulars:
- judgment, judgement, assessment - the act of judging or assessing a person or situation or event; "they criticized my judgment of the contestants"
--7 is a kind of act, human action, human activity
--7 has particulars:
adjudication; disapproval; evaluation, rating; estimate, estimation; logistic assessment; value judgment, value judgement