- curate, minister, parson, pastor, rector - a person authorized to conduct religious worship
--1 is a kind of clergyman, reverend, man of the cloth
--1 has particulars: ministrant
Derived form: verb minister2
- minister, government minister - a person appointed to a high office in the government; "Minister of Finance"
--2 is a kind of executive, executive director
--2 has particulars:
cabinet minister; finance minister, minister of finance; foreign minister, secretary of state; Haman; Yamani, Ahmed Zoki Yamani
- minister, diplomatic minister - a diplomat representing one government to another; ranks below ambassador
--3 is a kind of diplomat, diplomatist
- minister - the job of a head of a government department
--4 is a kind of public service
--4 has particulars: cabinet minister
- minister - attend to the wants and needs of others; "I have to minister to my mother all the time"
--1 is one way to attend, take care, look, see
Derived form: noun ministration1
Something ----s to somebody
- minister - work as a minister; "She is ministering in an old parish"
--2 is one way to work
Derived forms: noun minister1, noun ministrant1