Noun rut has 3 senses
- rut - a groove or furrow (especially one in soft earth caused by wheels)
--1 is a kind of groove, channel
- rut, groove - a settled and monotonous routine that is hard to escape; "they fell into a conversational rut"
--2 is a kind of routine, modus operandi
- estrus, oestrus, heat, rut - applies to nonhuman mammals: a state or period of heightened sexual arousal and activity
--3 is a kind of physiological state, physiological condition
,Verb rut has 2 senses
- rut - be in a state of sexual excitement; of male mammals
--1 is one way to be
- furrow, rut, groove - hollow out in the form of a furrow or groove; "furrow soil"
--2 is one way to dig, delve, cut into, turn over
Somebody ----s something
Something ----s something