Adjective sore has 4 senses
- sensitive, sore, tender - hurting; "the tender spot on his jaw"
Antonym: painless (indirect, via painful)
- afflictive, painful, sore - causing misery or pain or distress; "it was a sore trial to him"; "the painful process of growing up"
Antonym: pleasant (indirect, via unpleasant)
- huffy, mad, sore - roused to anger; "stayed huffy a good while"- Mark Twain; "she gets mad when you wake her up so early"; "mad at his friend"; "sore over a remark"
Antonym: unangry (indirect, via angry)
- raw, sore - inflamed and painful; "his throat was raw"; "had a sore throat"
Antonym: healthy (indirect, via unhealthy)
,Noun sore has 1 sense
- sore - an open skin infection
--1 is a kind of infection
--1 has particulars: blain; chancre; fester, suppurating sore; gall