Adjective static has 4 senses
- static, unchanging - not active or moving; "a static village community and a completely undynamic type of agriculture"; "static feudal societies"
Antonyms: dynamic, dynamical (indirect, via undynamic)
- inactive, motionless, static, still - not in physical motion; "the inertia of an object at rest"
Antonym: moving (indirect, via nonmoving)
- electrostatic, static - concerned with or producing or caused by static electricity; "an electrostatic generator produces high-voltage static electricity"
- static, stable, unchanging - showing little if any change; "a static population"
Antonyms: changeable, changeful (indirect, via unchangeable)
,Noun static has 2 senses
- static, atmospherics, atmospheric static - a crackling or hissing noise cause by electrical interference
--1 is a kind of noise, interference, disturbance
--1 has particulars: radio noise
- static - angry criticism; "they will probably give you a lot of static about your editorial"
--2 is a kind of criticism, unfavorable judgment