- young, immature - (used of living things especially persons) in an early period of life or development or growth; "young people"
Antonyms: old, elderly, older, senior, aged, of age, aging, ageing, senescent, ancient, anile, centenarian, doddering, doddery, gaga, senile, emeritus, gray, grey, gray-haired, grey-haired, gray-headed, grey-headed, grizzly, hoar, hoary, white-haired, middle-aged, nonagenarian, octogenarian, oldish, overage, overaged, over-the-hill, venerable, darkened, retired, superannuated, sexagenarian
- new, young - (of crops) harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity; "new potatoes"; "young corn"
Antonyms: late, later (indirect, via early)
- young, offspring - any immature animal
--1 is a kind of animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
--1 has particulars:
hatchling; orphan; young mammal; young bird; spat; young fish
- Young, Loretta Young - United States film and television actress (1913-2000)
--2 is a kind of actress
- Young, Whitney Young, Whitney Moore Young Jr. - United States civil rights leader (1921-1971)
--3 is a kind of civil rights leader, civil rights worker, civil rights activist
- Young, Thomas Young - British physicist and Egyptologist; he revived the wave theory of light and proposed a three-component theory of color vision; he also played an important role in deciphering the hieroglyphics on the Rosetta Stone (1773-1829)
--4 is a kind of physicist; Egyptologist
- Young, Pres Young, Lester Willis Young - United States jazz tenor saxophonist (1909-1959)
--5 is a kind of saxophonist, saxist
- Young, Edward Young - English poet (1683-1765)
--6 is a kind of poet
- Young, Cy Young, Danton True Young - United States baseball player and famous pitcher (1867-1955)
--7 is a kind of ballplayer, baseball player
- Young, Brigham Young - United States religious leader of the Mormon Church after the assassination of Joseph Smith; he led the Mormon exodus from Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah (1801-1877)
--8 is a kind of religious leader
- young, youth - young people collectively; "rock music appeals to the young"; "youth everywhere rises in revolt"
--9 is a kind of age group, age bracket, cohort