- cost - the total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor
--1 is a kind of outgo, expenditure, outlay
--1 has particulars:
Derived form: verb cost1
- monetary value, price, cost - the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold); "the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver"; "he puts a high price on his services"; "he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection"
--2 is a kind of value
--2 has particulars:
average cost; marginal cost, incremental cost, differential cost; expensiveness; assessment; inexpensiveness Derived form: verb cost1
- price, cost, toll - value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something; "the cost in human life was enormous"; "the price of success is hard work"; "what price glory?"
--3 is a kind of value
--3 has particulars: death toll
Derived form: verb cost2
- cost, be - be priced at; "These shoes cost $100"
--1 is one way to be
Derived forms: noun cost2, noun cost1
Something ----s something
=> Somebody ----s somebody something
- cost - require to lose, suffer, or sacrifice; "This mistake cost him his job"
--2 is one way to necessitate, ask, postulate, need, require, take, involve, call for, demand
Derived form: noun cost3
Somebody ----s somebody something