- organization, organisation - a group of people who work together
--1 is a kind of social group
--1 has members: quorum; membership, rank
--1 has particulars:
Derived forms: verb organize6, verb organize1, verb organize5
- arrangement, organization, organisation, system - an organized structure for arranging or classifying; "he changed the arrangement of the topics"; "the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original"; "he tried to understand their system of classification"
--2 is a kind of structure
--2 has particulars:
classification system; contrivance; coordinate system, frame of reference, reference system, reference frame; data structure; design, plan; distribution, statistical distribution; genetic map; lattice; living arrangement; calendar Derived form: verb organize4
- administration, governance, governing body, establishment, brass, organization, organisation - the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
--3 is a kind of body
--3 is a part of government, authorities, regime
--3 has parts: hierarchy, power structure, pecking order
--3 has members: advisory board, planning board
--3 has particulars:
Curia; top brass; executive; judiciary, bench; county council; government officials, officialdom; management Derived forms: verb organize1, verb organize2, verb organize3, verb organize4
- constitution, establishment, formation, organization, organisation - the act of forming something; "the constitution of a PTA group last year"; "it was the establishment of his reputation"; "he still remembers the organization of the club"
--4 is a kind of beginning, start, commencement
--4 has particulars:
unionization, unionisation; collectivization, collectivisation; communization, communisation; federation; colonization, colonisation, settlement Derived forms: verb organize6, verb organize1, verb organize2, verb organize5, verb organize4
- organization, organisation - the act of organizing a business or business-related activity; "he was brought in to supervise the organization of a new department"
--5 is a kind of administration, disposal
--5 has particulars:
rationalization, rationalisation; reorganization, reorganisation, shake-up, shakeup; self-organization, self-organisation; syndication Derived forms: verb organize1, verb organize2, verb organize5, verb organize3, verb organize4
- organization, organisation - the activity or result of distributing or disposing persons or things properly or methodically; "his organization of the work force was very efficient"
--6 is a kind of activity
--6 has particulars:
randomization, randomisation; systematization, systematisation, rationalization, rationalisation; order, ordering; listing, itemization, itemisation; territorialization, territorialisation Derived forms: verb organize2, verb organize3, verb organize4
- organization, organisation, system - an ordered manner; orderliness by virtue of being methodical and well organized; "his compulsive organization was not an endearing quality"; "we can't do it unless we establish some system around here"
--7 is a kind of orderliness, methodicalness
Derived form: verb organize4