- boastful, braggart, bragging, braggy, big, cock-a-hoop, crowing, self-aggrandizing, self-aggrandising - exhibiting self-importance; "big talk"
Antonym: humble (indirect, via proud)
- brag, bragging, crow, crowing, vaporing, line-shooting, gasconade - an instance of boastful talk; "his brag is worse than his fight"; "whenever he won we were exposed to his gasconade"
--1 is a kind of boast, boasting, self-praise, jactitation
Derived forms: verb crow2, verb crow1
- gloat, triumph, crow - dwell on with satisfaction
--1 is one way to boast, tout, swash, shoot a line, brag, gas, blow, bluster, vaunt, gasconade
Derived forms: noun crow5, noun crowing1
Sam and Sue crow over the results of the experiment
- crow - express pleasure verbally; "She crowed with joy"
--2 is one way to utter, emit, let out, let loose
Derived form: noun crowing1
Somebody ----s PP
Somebody ----s that CLAUSE
- crow - utter shrill sounds; "The cocks crowed all morning"
--3 is one way to utter, emit, let out, let loose
Derived form: noun crow2