- solid - of definite shape and volume; firm; neither liquid nor gaseous; "ice is water in the solid state"
Antonyms: liquid, fluid, runny, liquefied, liquified, semiliquid, watery, liquefiable, liquifiable, gaseous, aeriform, airlike, aerosolized, aerosolised, evaporated, foamy, frothy, gasified, vaporized, vaporised, volatilized, volatilised, gassy, vaporific, vaporish, vapourish, vaporous
- solid - of good substantial quality; "solid comfort"; "a solid base hit"
Antonym: bad (indirect, via good)
- solid - entirely of one substance with no holes inside; "solid silver"; "a solid block of wood"
Antonyms: hollow, cavernous, deep-set, sunken, recessed, empty, fistular, fistulate, fistulous, hollowed, tubular, cannular
- solid - of one substance or character throughout; "solid gold"; "a solid color"; "carved out of solid rock"
Antonyms: heterogeneous, heterogenous (indirect, via homogeneous)
- solid - uninterrupted in space; having no gaps or breaks; "a solid line across the page"; "solid sheets of water"
Antonym: broken (indirect, via unbroken)
- hearty, satisfying, solid, substantial - providing abundant nourishment; "a hearty meal"; "good solid food"; "ate a substantial breakfast"
Antonym: unwholesome (indirect, via wholesome)
- solid, strong, substantial - of good quality and condition; solidly built; "a solid foundation"; "several substantial timber buildings"
Antonym: unsound (indirect, via sound)
- noble, solid, upstanding, worthy - having high moral qualities; "a noble spirit"; "a solid citizen"; "an upstanding man"; "a worthy successor"
Antonyms: dishonorable, dishonourable (indirect, via honorable)
- firm, solid - not soft or yielding to pressure; "a firm mattress"; "the snow was firm underfoot"; "solid ground"
Antonym: soft (indirect, via hard)
- solid - having three dimensions; "a solid object"
Antonyms: linear, one-dimensional (indirect, via planar, cubic)
Antonyms: planar, two-dimensional (indirect, via cubic, linear)
- solid - incapable of being seen through; "solid blackness"
Antonym: clear (indirect, via opaque)
- solid, self-colored, self-coloured - entirely of a single color throughout; "a solid fabric"
Antonym: patterned (indirect, via plain)
- solid, unanimous - acting together as a single undiversified whole; "a solid voting bloc"
Antonym: diversified (indirect, via undiversified)
- solid - a substance that is solid at room temperature and pressure
--1 is a kind of substance, matter
--1 has particulars:
food; precipitate; plastic; glass; crystal; powder, pulverization, pulverisation; dry ice; vitrification Derived form: verb solidify2
- solid, solidness - the state in which a substance has no tendency to flow under moderate stress; resists forces (such as compression) that tend to deform it; and retains a definite size and shape
--2 is a kind of state of matter, state
Derived forms: verb solidify1, verb solidify2
- solid - a three-dimensional shape
--3 is a kind of shape, form
--3 has particulars:
convex shape, convexity; concave shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature; cylinder; polyhedron; toroid; cast, mold, stamp; block, cube; ovoid; frustum Derived form: verb solidify2