Noun theme has 5 senses
- subject, topic, theme - the subject matter of a conversation or discussion; "he didn't want to discuss that subject"; "it was a very sensitive topic"; "his letters were always on the theme of love"
--1 is a kind of message, content, subject matter, substance
--1 has particulars: bone of contention; precedent; question, head; keynote
- theme, motif - a unifying idea that is a recurrent element in a literary or artistic work; "it was the usual `boy gets girl' theme"
--2 is a kind of idea, thought
--2 has particulars: topos
- theme, melodic theme, musical theme, idea - (music) melodic subject of a musical composition; "the theme is announced in the first measures"; "the accompanist picked up the idea and elaborated it"
--3 is a kind of tune, melody, air, strain, melodic line, line, melodic phrase
--3 has particulars: motif, motive; statement; variation
- composition, paper, report, theme - an essay (especially one written as an assignment); "he got an A on his composition"
--4 is a kind of essay; written assignment, writing assignment
--4 has particulars: term paper; incidental music
- root, root word, base, stem, theme, radical - (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed; "thematic vowels are part of the stem"
--5 is a kind of form, word form, signifier, descriptor
,Verb theme has 1 sense
- theme - provide with a particular theme or motive; "the restaurant often themes its menus"
--1 is one way to supply, provide, render, furnish
Somebody ----s something