- appearance, visual aspect - outward or visible aspect of a person or thing
--1 is a kind of quality
--1 has particulars:
Derived form: verb appear2
- appearance - the event of coming into sight
--2 is a kind of happening, occurrence, natural event
--2 has particulars:
reappearance; materialization, materialisation, manifestation; manifestation; apparition Derived form: verb appear2
- appearance, appearing, coming into court - formal attendance (in court or at a hearing) of a party in an action
--3 is a kind of attendance, attending
Derived form: verb appear7
- appearance - a mental representation; "I tried to describe his appearance to the police"
--4 is a kind of representation, mental representation, internal representation
--4 has particulars: illusion, semblance; three-D, 3-D, 3D; front
Derived form: verb appear1
- appearance - the act of appearing in public view; "the rookie made a brief appearance in the first period"; "it was Bernhardt's last appearance in America"
--5 is a kind of arrival
Antonyms: disappearance, disappearing
--5 has particulars: apparition; emergence, emersion; reappearance, return
Derived form: verb appear6
- appearance, show - pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression; "they try to keep up appearances"; "that ceremony is just for show"
--6 is a kind of pretense, pretence, pretending, simulation, feigning