- coating, coat - a thin layer covering something; "a second coat of paint"
--1 is a kind of covering
--1 has particulars:
bitumastic; coat of paint; emulsion, photographic emulsion; enamel; facing, veneer; finish coat, finishing coat; gilt, gilding; lacquer; overcoat, overcoating; paint; patina; plating, metal plating; rendering; seal; veneer, veneering; waterproofing Derived forms: verb coat3, verb coat1
- coating, finish, finishing - a decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance); "the boat had a metallic finish"; "he applied a coat of a clear finish"; "when the finish is too thin it is difficult to apply evenly"
--2 is a kind of decorativeness
--2 has particulars: glaze; shoeshine
Derived form: verb coat1
- coating - a heavy fabric suitable for coats
--3 is a kind of fabric, cloth, material, textile
--3 has particulars: chinchilla
Derived form: verb coat2
- application, coating, covering - the work of applying something; "the doctor prescribed a topical application of iodine"; "a complete bleach requires several applications"; "the surface was ready for a coating of paint";
--4 is a kind of manual labor, manual labour
--4 has particulars:
anointing, anointment; fumigation; foliation; galvanization, galvanisation; lubrication; paving, pavage; painting; spraying; tinning, tin-plating; tinning; papering, paperhanging; plastering, daubing; plating; scumble; tiling; waxing; lining, facing Derived form: verb coat1
- coat, surface - put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface; "coat the cake with chocolate"
--1 is one way to cover
Derived forms: noun coat2, noun coating2, noun coating1, noun coating4
The wind storms coat the area with dust and dirt
- coat - cover or provide with a coat
--2 is one way to dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
Derived forms: noun coat1, noun coating3
Somebody ----s somebody
- coat, cake - form a coat over; "Dirt had coated her face"
--3 is one way to cover, spread over
Derived forms: noun coat2, noun coating1
Dust and dirt coat the area